Everybody knows that speaking English can boost your job opportunities and let you earn a higher salary but how can you practise and improve the language everyday without spending a fortune?
You've always dreamt of practising your English in an authentic English-speaking environment but let's face the truth. You won't be able to stay abroad for ever, and if you do, you won't be a teacher of English in your country any longer, where people need to learn English.
Many teachers or advanced students like you, are reluctant to speak the foreign language with colleagues because they consider it a waste of time, but what other chances do you have when you're back in your home country?
When you travel around the world you'll have lots of opportunities to speak English with so why not doing it at home.
Here are some ideas to practise your English at home
- Chat with colleagues and friends in English. You'll fight back your anxiety and speak English naturally.Your vocal cords will get the appropriate training to produce the foreign sounds.
If you're shy, find a partner who has the same interest and work together..
- Write in English frequently. Even if you don't speak, the mental exercise of choosing and combining words to express yourself keeps the language running in your mind and you'll have a quicker answer when you have to speak. Start right now.Leave a comment below,share your ideas. I'll love to hear about you.
- Attend online courses in English. Perhaps the teacher will be a native speaker and your classmates from different parts of the world. This will give you the oppotunity to interact in English in a native and non-natives enviroment.
- Teach advanced students.It's always a challenge to guide advanced students who already know the language and attend classes to brush it up or sit an exam.
- Appreciate feedback. Don't be afraid to let the world know that your language is imperfect. Exchange ideas and ways of expressing them with the only aim of enriching yourself and having fun.
If you still look down on those who are non-native speakers, who will trust your ability to speak the foreign language in a professional enviroment and pay you the money you deserve?
Leave a Comment